IVF treatment with donor eggs
Using donor eggs is a form of IVF treatment used by women who are unable to use their own eggs to have a baby.
The woman donating her eggs is known as the donor and the woman who receives the fertilized eggs (embryos) is known as the recipient. At iTrust fertility clinics we will have information on the hair, eye and skin colour and occupation of all our egg donors, and will help you.
Egg donation is most suitable for women who are unable to use their own eggs to have a child for a variety of reasons, you can have treatment with a known donor at iTrust Fertility Clinics. Contact us today for more information on 0203 960 6424.
Book an appointment
When are donor eggs recommended?
There are many reasons why donor eggs may be advised. This type of treatment is most commonly used because of:
- Age-related infertility
- Advanced maternal age
- Premature menopause
- Premature ovarian failure
- Poor egg quality
- Infertility caused by medical treatment such as chemotherapy
- A high risk of passing on a genetic or hereditary condition
How do donor eggs work?
If you are using fresh donor eggs, you will have hormone therapy to ensure that your menstrual cycle is synchronised with the donor’s cycle.
Treatment involves fertilising the fresh donor eggs with either partner sperm or donor sperm, with the best resulting embryo carefully transferred to your uterus for pregnancy.
Using frozen eggs is a convenient way to have treatment that works with your cycle, as there will be no need to synchronise the treatment to a donor cycle. Treatment focuses on preparing your body for pregnancy, so the embryo is transferred at exactly the right time.
Why choose us for treatment with donor eggs?
All our egg donors are healthy women between the ages of 18 and 35, who donate to us.
- Treatment with UK donor eggs, with a guaranteed number of donor eggs for your treatment cycle.
- UK-based, health-screened and HFEA-registered egg donors, who are identifiable to your child in future.
- Affordable and accessible treatment with donor eggs, through our frozen donor egg bank.
- A choice of funding options and packages for both fresh and frozen donor eggs.
- Personalised fertility treatment that is focused on giving you a healthy and safe pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Personal support from our team to support you
At iTrust Fertility Clinics you can expect the best possible care:
- We use only young healthy women as donors, who are likely to have very high quality eggs
- We offer NHS and Private treatments using egg donors for patients who are eligible for NHS care
- Success rates for donor eggs are very good
- We offer treatment for shared motherhood and known donors in our clinics
- Any embryos of suitable quality that are not used in treatment can be frozen and stored for future use
Book an appointment with our experienced specialists today. We do not have any waiting lists call us on 0203
What does treatment with donor eggs cost?
IVF with donor eggs
IVF with donor sperm costs £6,900* for a single cycle using a known donor. This includes:
- Access to online consents platform
- Egg collection, sedation and embryo transfer
- Embryoscope, blastocyst
- Cycle planning
- Prep appointment for injection teaching
- Monitoring bloods tests during your cycle
- Monitoring scans during your cycle
- Local anaesthesia and oral sedation for egg collection
- Ultrasound guided egg collection
- Preparation of donor sperm for ICSI
- Embryoscope to monitor embryo development – fertilisation to transfer
- HFEA Licence Fee
- Pregnancy scan
- Follow up consultation after a failed cycle
*Additional costs in all IVF/ICSI using donor sperm cycles
- Cost of medication £600 – £2600
- Annual storage of embryo/s and 1 years freezing £700
Book a free open evening
Call us today to speak with one of our friendly patient admin staff members and book your slot to attend one of our Free open evenings,
Speak to a member of our support team
Our experienced team of fertility specialists will help you understand which treatment is best for you.