Same Sex couples fertility check up’s
At iTrust Fertility we offer a range of fertility tests for LGBT+ Parenting
This unique service allows you to visit our fertility centre and get a clearer picture of your current fertility and what your potential future fertility may look like.
A Fertility MOT is a series of tests that will help you to understand your fertility and ability to conceive. We have three tests to choose from for women, men, and couples.
Who should book a same sex couples check up?
- If you want to check your fertility before you start trying for a baby
- You want to have fertility treatment using donor eggs, or donor sperm and Surrogacy
- You want to know if you have any current fertility issues that may mean you need IVF or fertility treatment
- You just want to know about your fertility options or you are waiting for NHS funding
Female Same Sex Check up’s
- Pelvic Ultrasound Scan
- Ovarian Reserve Blood Test
- Doctor’s Consultation
- Recommendations on lifestyle changes
How will I receive my Fertility results?
Optional extras: HyCoSy test
If appropriate, we can perform a HyCoSy (Hysterosalpingo-contrast-sonography) test but this is not part of the check-up’s it will cost an additional £550.
HyCoSy is a non-invasive transvaginal ultrasound technique which assesses the patency of your fallopian tubes, which must be clear of blockages in order to conceive. A HyCoSy involves injecting a contrast fluid into the uterine cavity through the cervix, which will indicate on ultrasound if there are any fallopian tube blockages or other changes in the womb such as polyps or fibroids.
Blocked fallopian tubes can be caused by a number of reasons, including infections, previous surgery and scar tissue. Blocked fallopian tubes do not typically show any symptoms and as such most women are unaware of a problem until they have difficulty conceive.